Top Notch Coffee Shops
Seattle and coffee are synonymous to some, and we wouldn’t disagree. It seems we’re always within walking distance to a stellar cup of coffee. But it’s not just about Starbucks, you know! We have some delicious coffee shops in the area and we’re sharing some of our staff’s favorites.
Our favorite location is across from Pike Place Market. The atmosphere is somewhere between rustic, modern, and fairy tale. With a cozy fireplace and elegant arched windows that look out at the infamous Pike Place sign, it’s the perfect place to curl up with weekend work. We also always cross our fingers in hopes that we’re there for one of their cake-for-everyone moments. Yes, it’s just like it sounds, they pass out FREE cake to everyone in the café. storyvillecoffee.com
- Our Order: Cortado Espresso (with cashew/coconut milk as a sub!)
Located on Second Avenue (between Bell Street and Blanchard), this little hole-in-the-wall is decorated with artsy trinkets, pop culture figurines and a slew of slightly odd items you would never expect to find in a coffee shop. It’s quaint, unique and totally grunge-Seattle. Drinks come in a clever three sizes: Tall, Taller and Tallest. Be sure to pair your cup of joe with a slice of Thick French Toast. You won’t be disappointed. bedlamcoffee.com
- Our Order: The Lavender Latte / The Lavender Mocha. Just enough bitter-sweetness balanced by a smidge of smooth lavender.
- To Try Next Time: Nutella Mocha. How rich and tasty does that sound?
STARBUCKS RESERVE, ROASTERY & TASTING ROOM
This isn’t your average Starbucks. From the unroasted bean to your cup of coffee, the Roastery offers the full “coffee immersion” experience. Perfect for Seattle visitors! This is where you’ll find exclusive, limited edition coffees like Whiskey Barrel-Aged Sulawesi or Colombia Geisha Cerro Azul. This is small-batch coffee you can’t find anywhere else (unless you’re a member of their Reserve Club!). roastery.starbucks.com
- Our Order: Cold Brew Malt & Float made locally with Mora’s vanilla ice cream or the Mint Chocolate Affagato. For purists, you can never go wrong with a pour-over of the barista’s recommendation!
TOP POT DONUTS
Sure, they’re famous for their donuts, but don’t underestimate Top Pot’s coffee. It’s surprising that one establishment can be so darn good at two things. lucky for us, the last Friday of each month has been declared "donut day" as Top Pot is our top choice! toppotdoughnuts.com
- Our Order: Iced Vanilla Latte (with a Glazed Old Fashioned or two.)